Thursday, August 03, 2006

Meet The Mad Magpies - Pecker & Pooper

Meet Pecker, the infamous Mad Magpie, and his brother, Pooper. Pecker and Pooper have taken up residence in one of the large pine trees in my backyard.

Pecker and Pooper rule the yard... as well as ruling Weasel *see previous entry*.

Of course we do not tell the dog this, as it would definitely deflate his doggy ego, and everyone who knows Weasel knows how the little man prides himself on being one hell of a vicious Wiener. After all, the little fella has a reputation to maintain.

I've tried many times to get a close-up photo of the Malicious Mad Magpies, but they're on to my super sleuthing technique of hiding in the bushes.

Every time I get close enough to get a clear shot, the Mags sound the alarm.

As far as I can tell, "Squawk, Screech, Squawk, Squawk, Squawk" is Mad Magpie code for "Here comes that cuckoo camera chick! There she goes again, click, click, click!" ... or something like that.

As I've said, my teenage sons named Pecker. I take full credit for naming his brother, Pooper. Pooper likes to spend time dancing around the black surface of our trampoline, and delights in doing his bidness' - dead center, of course.

It is quite apparent Weasel is more than a little perturbed by Pooper's pooping prowess.

It's like a dog-vs-bird turf war going on in my very own back yard. The current turf war reminds me of the Jets -vs- Sharks of West Side Story fame.

(Cue Finger Snapping)

Pecker & Pooper:


"When you're a Mag, You're a Mag all the way
From your first juicy worm
To your last dyin' day
When you're a Mag, If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around, You're a family man!
We're drawin' the line, So keep your Weasel nose hidden!
We're hangin'' a sign,
Says "Weasel Forbidden"
And we ain't kiddin''.....


Weasel:

The Wease is gonna have his night tonight!
If the Mags start a rumble I'll rumble 'em right!
I'm gonna hand 'em a surprise tonight!
Gonna cut 'em down to size tonight!
No tricks! But just in case they jump me I'm ready to mix!
Pecker & Pooper, well they began it all
The Wease will stop 'em once and for all!
The more the Mags bring it, the harder they'll fall.
I am the the One & Only Weasel after all!

And so the saga continues. I will not begin to worry until or unless tiny switchblades begin cropping up hidden in the grass.

No comments: